From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Harpmac01@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 5:35 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] gear

Some harp players i hear have the most killer acoustic tone,  then they
blow
through some tube/valve amp, and theres that big chicago  sound  just
awesome,
but hold on, although these guys have great big killer  acoustic tones,
why
is it when they put their harp to a mic that goes to an amp  and it
sounds
awesome again? i'll tell ya why cos no one has an amp discreetly  tucked
away in
their chest cavity somewhere (well maybe big walter, ok) make no  bones
about
it, tubes/valves of all different kinds give different tones and
electric
expressions, yeah sure, good chops and tone have got to be there and so
does
there have to be a good amp there as well if you want it, i can tell
when  say
paul lamb blows through a concert or a sonny jr, but ok maybe the
audience  don't
know the difference between amps and  NOS tubes and wet fart but the
proofs
in the pudding with some wicked NOS tubes in my sonny jr 4x10 and a few

deadly william clarke licks (phew i try honest) its enough for some cats
mention to me after a gig, wow great sound from your thingy,ermm that
wee  blowing
thing, ehh the mouthie,you know what i mean, but they are listening! at
the
end of the day its all about choice viccy's, the harpking etc. and of
course
sonny jr,for me i want the best of old brought up to date, so thats
sonny jr.
you get what you pay for or you just get extremely  lucky!

mac
_www.thegroovecats.co.uk_ (http://www.thegroovecats.co.uk)