[Harp-L] RE: no harp content- peaceful rebuttal to bill hines

First off, apologies. I screwed up too, the list owner had *also* said
in his post to not complain publicly here, to just send him a note. I
should have done that. This is the result. I wanted to apologize
publicly and let it die, hopefully.

I'm here for harp content. I do other reading to keep up with the
world's problems, the world's goodness, social issues, "our planet
earth" (yes I belong to Sierra, btw), health, financial advice,
politics, other types of good music. I don't really want that here.
That's called spam. Plus, it leads to discontent - for every
harmonica-playing lover of our planet earth, we might have a logger
harmonica player here (just kidding!).

You are a very solid contributing member and I have learned much from
your posts (and enjoy your music). But that doesn't give you the right
to use this list and it's members as a sounding board for your social
conscious or to push it on us. I didn't say that you were flooding us
with announcements, only that to allow this sort of thing, with
thousands of list members could lead to that. We all have a cause or
two, I'm sure :-) I didn't say your motives are selfish, just that the
content isn't appropriate.

We can't all shape the list to what we want as far as humor or whatever,
but I think the rules are fair so we should stick to them. Again,
apologies, and I'm a fan. I think my post was poorly worded, I didn't
mean to come off as being upset. Hope to see you live sometime!

Bill