RE: [Harp-L] the best harmonica neckbrace?

randysinger writes:
> I am actually going to buy a harmonica neckbrace!!
>
> What is considered to be the state of the art in fully adjustable harp
> neckbraces? Can anyone tell me?
>
> I am going to buy one so I play harmonica as well as simultaneously
> play the piano, guitar, flute, accordian, tambourine and drums, all
> while driving a car. I may even talk on the cell phone at the same
> time.
>
> so, what is the best neckbrace?

Two neck racks come to mind, Randy.  One is relatively inexpensive but far
more stable and comfortable than the coat-hanger Hohner or Lee Oskar models
and the like.

http://www.bushmanmusic.com/productdetail/~Model/12NR~/d.html

The other is made by a fellow harp-l'er and retired mechanical engineer,
Vern Smith, but is not inexpensive:

http://www.hands-free-chromatic.7p.com/holder.htm

He calls it the "Ergonomic Neck Rack" and he makes it to hold his "hands
free" chromatic, something else you might be interested in.  I forget how
many ways you can adjust it the fit with it.

Usual disclaimers apply.  I don't have one of his racks or hands-free
chrom's but I do know he's a very smart engineer and a nice fellow to boot.

His e-mail is jevern@xxxxxxx

Good luck,

Michelle