[Harp-L] Let's Review

A quick trip to www.harp-l.org reveals a link to the rules of harp-l.
Tried and true and applied and interpreted by exactly 2 people.  The list
owner, that's me and my trusted cohort and the admin of this list, Ben.
What's this mean?  The gist is this, if you have a problem with a post
never ever address it directly on the list.  ALWAYS write the listowner to
discuss your concerns.  If it's appropriate I will address the problem
either in a listwide policy statement or more likely by discussing it
privately with the person who is having a problem following or few simple
rules.  My job is not to escalate problems or embarass list members.

Commercial Content  -  Buy my stuff!

   As long as you are a "contributing member" of the list, and what you
   are posting is directly related to the harmonica, and you keep it to
   just a brief description and a URL (pointer, reference) to the mother
   lode, and you don't post more than once a month, and and and ... it's
   OK to send commercial announcements to the list.  If Owner-Harp-L
   asks you to no longer post your announcement, the request should be
   heeded.

The above paragraph was taken directly from the harp-l rules.
"contributing member"  what's that mean?  I'll interpret it to mean we
don't want people to sign up for the list solely for the purpose of
selling to out members.  It's never happened and we haven't ever had a
problem in this area.  Oh by the way, I'm very loose regarding this rule.
Announcements regarding radio shows and or late gig announcements do not
fall under these guidelines.  If there's a problem, I'll let you knmow.
If you're not hearing from me it's safe to assume that I have no problem
with your use of the list and you are welcome to continue to post
announcements to the list.  Harp-l is all about networking and community.
My job as listowner is to promote community and cutting off avenues of
communication does not further that goal.

Owner-Harp-L

   Owner-Harp-L is the person who administers both the list and the
   systems which run it, and has the responsibility to enforce the rules and
   regulations layed out in this document.

   Regardless of rights and wrongs, what owner-harp-l says, goes.  This
   doesn't mean that his or her opinions carry any more weight, it just
   means that at the end of the day, someone has to make the decisions
   and lay down the law.

Again above paragraph taken from the rules, see the first paragraph for
relevance to the current discussion.

The Thought Police  -

   If people do stuff that gets on your nerves, and it goes against the
   substance or spirit of this charter, say so.  Don't get personal or
   upset about it, just mail Owner-Harp-L and state your case.  If
   Owner-Harp-L agrees, s/he mails the individual and/or list and lays
   down the law.  The process is anonymous.  If Owner-Harp-L doesn't
   agree, you drop it and get over it.

Again the above paragraph was taken from the harp-l rules and the
pertinance was outlined in my first paragraph.  This ends all online
discussion of this particular subject.  The day to day admin tasks of the
list are NOT an item for discussion because they are NOT harmonica
related.  As always I'm more than happy to discuss these subjects off list
and privately.  At length I might add.  fjm harp-l-listowner