Re: [Harp-L] what makes a good professional player?

In a message dated 5/25/2005 11:47:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stolaruk_jason@xxxxxxxxx writes:
As I am considering trying to make a career out of playing harmonica, I
am very interested in hearing any answers to the following question:
what makes a good professional harp player?
Probably the most important thing people will tell about show business -- and
trying to make a living with a harp is show business -- is the business side
of it.

The problem is, if you don't know everything there is to know about the
business side, everybody else you deal with will -- and you'll be the loser.

A new book just came out: "Legal Aspects of the Music Business" in a new
edition. It is no substitute for a music business lawyer, but it will suggest most
of the issues -- it asks the right questions -- you ought to be converned
with.
I'll have more details in a forthcoming issue of American Harmonica
Newsmagazine when I get around to reviewing/explaining it.
Phil Lloyd, contributing editor
American Harmonica Newsmagazine
Back issues only $1 + postage -- reply offlist