RE: [Harp-L] Simple songs to start off with??

do yourself a favor and don't spend a fortune on harps yet. You'll likely be killing the 4 hole draw on them in the beginning and going through them quickly I know I did get yourself something like a big river remember that it's not about sucking hard it's about using the diaphragm you'll save allot of money on harps that way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Vroegop [mailto:peterv@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 5:11 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Simple songs to start off with??

Newbie question here.

I have been lurking on this list for a month or so, being an utter beginner.

Have read all the posts and understand that lots of people on this list are like "a galaxy away" from where i am right now.

In any case, i have learnt some of the basics like single notes, and can bend holes 2,3 and 4 (just not very accurately <g>).

I have a friend who has recently started playing guitar, and she is pretty much at the same stage with the guitar as I am with the harp. (we both make noises, but I am not sure whether you can call it music by a long shot..)

she suggested we get together with another friend who plays piano and learn a couple of blues songs.

Any suggestions for a couple of good (and simple!!)  blues songs for our 'motley crew' to get started on??

Peter V.

PS any other kiwis on this list ?