[Harp-L] Angela Altieri 1955 - 2005

I've just learned today that Angela Altieri, also known as Flo Mingo,
singer and washboard player has died of cancer last tuesday the 18th of
may in Hamburg / Germany.

Angela, a Florida native who had settled in Germany around 1990, has
worked with many harmonica players throughout her carreer like Rock
Bottom and Steve Baker.

I have seen her performing with Steve Baker's "Mudsliders" during the
WHF 2001 in Trossingen. I can still remember how she dedicated this
concert with so much sympathy to Rock Bottom, who had passed away a few
weeks before that event. I didn't know back then that she also was
already fighting against cancer.

Now she is gone and she will be sorely missed.

Otto