[Harp-L] Fwd: Skull resonance and tone

--- In harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joel" <powerharp@xxxx> wrote:
<snip>
  The amp guy's comment was that the tone that we produce is
a function of the resonance of our skulls and that we all have
different skulls, therefore we all have different tone.  <snip>

I think with respect to tone, as with many things in life, it is
helpful to know our limitations, accept them and then to work within
them.

But for any individual, it would be hard to know if you have maxed your skull-based tone
potential or whether you could still improve your tone with practice (or whether you
should have some teeth pulled out!).

I can imagine a booth at a harp convention where somebody hooks you up to a machine
and measures your "skull-based tone potential," and lets you know how close you are to
maxing it.  if you have maxed it, then you could stop all that fruitless and frustrating effort
to improve yout tone.  Hey, somebody make the movie.   (I mean no disrespect with this
post -- I think the topic of limits is interesting.)  --john k