[Harp-L] Bushman and OBs?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Otto <ottoranch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 16, 2005 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Bushman and OBs?
To: Michael Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>

On 5/16/05, Michael Fugazzi <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I read where the Soul's Voice can be overblown.  How
> about the Delt Frost?  I am interested in checking
> these out.

The Delta Frost is not the best harp for overblows.  The reeds are
wide like Lee Oskar or Suzuki reeds and like those brands, the Delta
Frost tends to squeal a little on overblows.  The Delta Frost is a
great harp.  It has a unique tone, is very responsive, is extremely
durable and is one of my favorite harps.  Due to how responsive it is,
the Delta Frost really shines when played softly.  Its one weakness is
in the overblow arena.

The Soul's Voice is also a great harp and is the best out of the box
harp for overblows that I have played.  I also like how well it plays
on the higher numbered holes.  This harp plays great no matter how
hard you play.  This is my other favorite harp and is the real
"workhorse" in my belt.  If you want a harp for overblows, this is a
great option.
--Chris Otto
www.bushmanrocks.com - the bushman fan site.