[Harp-L] extended instrumentals

The two best albums for extended instrumentals are the Grateful Dead Europe 72
and Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore. On a more psychedelic note the Doors'
extended version of Light My Fire is quite nice.

You'll notice both the Dead and the Allman Brothers have talented harp players.
You'll also notice the harp players don't take extended solos.Listen to Ray
Manzarek's organ solo on Light My Fire. What sounds hypnotic on the cheesy Vox
organ sounds boring on the harp.

You'll notice Paul Butterfield sits out through a lot of East West.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm