Re: [Harp-L] Sstrange posting!

I received a bunch of German language e-mails in the owner's mailbox late yesterday. I don't recall if any of the mails had executeables or not. Obviously what has happened here with the harmonica workshops address is someone has spoofed it and used it to send mail to the list. If you identify your e-mail as having come from any of the almost 1100 subscribed addresses you will be able to post to the list. The noteable exception being the owner's address which I have set to moderated posting because it like any address is spoofable.

When things like this happen it's confusing and annoying but nobody on the list is going to get a virus from opening the mail because it was already stripped out before it was resent to the list. All that ends up being left is the text that's supposed to trick you into opening the e-mail or get it past a virus or spam filter.

Mike and Beverly Rogers haven't done anything wrong here and they aren't the vicitms of a virus that has taken over there computer. Someone or more likely something found there address either in someone's address book or by looking for addresses on websites on the internet. Since the e-mail eventually ended up getting sent to harp-l it's most likely a compromised address book on a virus compromised computer of one of our members. fjm harp-l-listowner