Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Orchester

It sounds like you did a pretty fair job of explaining things, Otto.
 Timm: The harmonic minor scale can be a lot of fun if you enjoy eastern or
eastern European music. Sometimes it is also fun to play a tune on a
harmonic minor that should be played on a major -- the same noting pattern,
but, of course, the scale is different so it is going to sound wierd. For
demonstration purposes between the scales, for example, you could play "Mary
Had a Little Lamb" on the same named major keyed harmonica, then play the
same note pattern on the harmonic minor. It will sound a little wierd, but
that is the fun.
 There are a couple of relatively common tunes that may work well for you on
the harmonic minor harmonica: "Hava Nagila" and Brahms' "Hungarian Rhapsody"
(number 5, if memory serves). If you are showing your harmonica collection
to kids, the "Welcome to Hogwarts" tune from the 3rd "Harry Potter" movie
might be a good tune to learn. Otherwise, just toy around with the scale on
the harmonica until patterns of notes give you clues to other parts of songs
that you may want to try.
 Have fun!!
 Cara