[Harp-L] RE: Sniping on Ebay

At 09:53 AM 5/10/2005 -0400, adams, john wrote:
>As part of the search feature on eBay, you can have it email you
>when there are new items listed.

Yes, that works.  You might also try eBay's "Want It Now" system.
You announce what you're looking for and send it to huge numbers
of sellers, and they in turn can answer your request by putting up
a new listing for the item you want.

http://pages.ebay.com/wantitnow/about/buyers.html

Plus... jazmaan wrote:
>I'll admit it - I use a sniping program.
<...>
>You can put in your bid a week before the auction ends and
>withdraw your bid any time prior to the last few seconds of
>the auction.

Now THAT is worthwhile and something I didn't know!!  Hmmm.....
Do they all work like that?

[Maybe an "offlist" reply might be kinder at this point!] ;)

Bobbie