RE: [Harp-L] I was playing my harmonica the other day...

I'd rather have people ask to sit than play along in the audience. My
trio has a reputation for allowing people to sit in.  If they are
good, then we'll let them play most of the night and if they're not
then it's one song and gone.

We've had some pretty interesting players sit in, including
didgerido, violin, word poets and of course terrible harmonica
players.  The word is out on the street that if you're a better
player than any of the band members then you can have their spot in
the group.  That's hasn't happened yet - Peloquin stay OUT of AZ.

The bottline is that allowing "jammers" can make for an intresting
evening and it certainly helps with getting people out.  My brashness
helps a bit too with the following because there have been a few
people who come out to see if we're the real deal or not. Rosco you
stay out of AZ too!

billybudd1313@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>I am subsequently working on a "policy for harp players"  who do
>rude stuff like that.  I'll let you know when it's done.
>Younger/newer players:  Don't ASK to sit in.  It's rude.  (check
>that....  I think it's rude)

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available