Re: [Harp-L] Ballad harp vs sax

On May 6, 2005, at 12:47 PM, James Sterett wrote:

HArlem Nocturne? I've never heard a version of the song on harp, but I
do recall reading a Rod Piazza interview where he said Rick Estrin was
doing a killer version of it some time back (could have been on
chromatic.)

I played Harlem Nocturne last night. Sop-sax took first run, I did the second. Don't see why someone would even THINK of doing this monster on diatonic.

an aside... I had been a harp-l lurker, just receiving the digest, but with such a wealth of information from so many knowledgeable and talented folks, I had to get myself deeper into "this thing of ours." I hope I can contribute something, but I'm finding everything I think I know, many others know far better.

Not so, everyone has talents that others don't have. They just need the impetus to appear.
smo-joe

JIm www.mcmule.com