Re: [Harp-L] Tongue Blocking Question

Hi Wayne,

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Wayne Stennett wrote:

Greetings!
A quick question that should be easily answered. I currently tongue block with my tongue covering the left side holes, playing the right side. Example: Covering the 123 while playing the four. I've been practicing tongueblocking the opposite way (cover 234 and be playing the 1). I'm not getting any kind of good tone with this. Every book or website I've ever seen that mentions tongue blocking always talks about the first way I mentioned. What merit or benefit is there to learn the second way? Any players who are a good example of the benefit? Thanks in advance!

I am no harmonica virtuoso, but I tongue-block to the right, like you do. I have also tried doing the same on the other side, but, again like you, it didn't work well until I practiced it for awhile.

Have patience with yourself, and you'll catch the low notes as well as you do the high ones--which is the reason for doing it.

Good luck, and happy tooting!
Tim

--
Timothy J. Schutte			"He who knows, does not speak.
kc8hr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx			He who speaks, does not know.