Re: Re: [Harp-L] band in key of f

my guess is the book is assuming the guitarist is probably like me and
can play very little other than  good ol vanilla "E" blues boogie
shuffle things... and probably only that - so whacking on a capo is
going to stop me sweating....

but within that assumption is the same one that everybody has an Eb
harmonica... :)

why don't you grab a D harp and play 3rd position with a guitar without
the capo? - surely they will luv you for it.

crowley (who only plays guitar behind a sealed bolted door - definitely
not publicly)

>>> Tim Moyer <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 05/05/05 04:34am >>>
What does capoing the guitar have to do with what position the harp is

playing in?  A song in F is a song in F, regardless of what key harp
you play it on.

-tim

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, TomEHarp@xxxx wrote:
the only reson i'm making a big thing about this is because in the
book"blues
harp" a good book in the position chapter it says"in 3rd position f
natural
is not posible unlesas the guitar uses a capo. and in 4th position in
the keys
g,f, and c the same goes for that. can't do it unless guitar has a
capo.

it dosn't make any sence to me.

tommy lee in ct.
--- End forwarded message ---