[Harp-L] Re: C in 12 poitions

> From: Mox Gowland <mox.gowland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Follow the circle of 4th's
>
> MUSIC KEY in "C" -
>
> Position - [KEY OF] Harmonica - Tonic [NOTE]
> 1) "C" 1 BLOW
> 2) "F 2 DRAW
> 3) "Bb" 1 DRAW
> 4) "Eb" 6 DRAW
> 5) "Ab" 2 BLOW
> 6) "Db" 3 DRAW
> 7) "Gb"/"F#" FLAT 2 DRAW
> 8) "B" FLAT 4 DRAW
> 9) "E" FLAT 6 DRAW
> 10) "A" FLAT 8 BLOW
> 11) "D" FLAT 3 DRAW
> 12) "G" 5 DRAW
>
> Mox

My emphasis (and spelling change) added above.

Somebody is NOT paying attention to what Mox wrote.

He stipulated that the KEY of the music is "C". That is
a constant throughout the rest of the info.

Consequently, you can find the correct KEY OF HARP
A-N-D the correct "position" (in the traditional sense) to
play the MUSIC KEY of "C" by following the Circle of
Fourths (counterclockwise around the Circle of Fifths).

Extracting some examples from above:

If you are playing on an "F" harp in 2nd position, then
the MUSIC KEY is "C".

If you are playing a "Bb" harp in 3rd position, then
the MUSIC KEY is "C".

If you are playing a "G" harp in 12th position, then
the MUSIC KEY is "C".

Please read it again CAREFULLY!

I am NOT going to get into another discussion of "modes"!

I'll go back to lurkin' and larnin' now by layin' out for
the next chorus...

Crazy (about harp) Bob