[Harp-L] Arcing reeds up

Is there a good/easy way to arc reeds up?

Currently I support the tip and push down with a toothpick to arc up, but that can create a dip into the slot towards the rivet which is bad, is there a better way?

While I'm at it, one of the worst problem is adjusting a reed, putting the harp back together only to find that nothing has changed. I often do this 5, 6 times in a row.  Is it possible to get feeler gauges with very small gradiants to see the change? where can one buy such gauges? has anybody tried this? is this worth pursuing?

Any help would be appreciated,

Pierre.