From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of George Brooks
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 3:29 PM
To: Harp-L
Subject: [Harp-L] Change in Yahoo archive - bad news

I am subscribed to Harp-L Friends and follow the posts on the Yahoo
archive.  This has worked beautifully for years, until the recent
change.  The message index started with the oldest posts at the top of
the page and one scrolled down to follow the evolving discussions.

The new format puts the most recent messages at the top, and as you
scroll down you go back in time.  So if you begin at the top, you are
reading reply posts before you get to the posts they are replying to.
If you want to read the posts in chronological order, you have to
scroll *up*, which is unnatural.  This is even more of a problem if you
use the "expand messages" feature, as I do.  To read the posts in
order, you first must go to the *bottom* of the page.  You scroll *up*
to the top of the first post, scroll *down* as you read it, then scroll
*up* past all the text you just scrolled down and keep going until you
reach the top of the next post, then begin scrolling *down* again.
Repeat until pissed off.

The old way worked great.  The new way is messed up.  Is there someone
I can complain to (I mean besides you all-someone who would be in a
position to fix this).  Or can someone with official standing (fjm,
Ben?) complain for me?

Thanks.

George