Re: [Harp-L] Positions/Modes checklist

Hello,

be grateful if somebody could spare the time to have a look at:

http://www.geocities.com/racer_exx2002/scale1.html

and confirm I got the intervals in the modes right - or wrong. Probably
offlist is better so you aren't cloggin boxes with stuff everybody else
probably knows already.

It was an exercise to help me figure out what position/mode a tune is in
via recognition of flats/sharps in a piece - all in the different scales
of "C" - well, only six of them really.

I pick the tune out on a chromatic and then see if it can transpose to a
diatonic on one of the positions i do know that don't require overblows.
 Somedays I get luckier than others.

I am hoping that the next step is i can figure out how you can determine
what the chords would be from figuring out if a tune was in Aeolian mode
(for example).

I know this is high school stuff - i just never listened.

crowley