[Harp-L] Subject: "Computer Issue"/squawky saxes?

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh writes (snipped):

"As an aside, I wanted to say that I've been off this list for a  while
because spy ware fried my windows XP and I had to get  everything
reloaded. I lost all my email addresses and it took a while to get  every
thing back up.  With all the conflict in the world right now and  here in
America all the animosity between liberals and conservatives I  can
safely say there is one thing we can all get behind.  Weather  you're
right wing or left wing, Moslem or Jew,  atheist or  Christian,
vegetarian or meat eater..I think we can all agree that the  &^%king
#$$holes who create spy-ware aught to be tarred and feathered and  then
whipped to within an inch of their lives. Gawd, what kind of jerk  does
that kind of stuff for kicks? "

...Couldn't agree more, Sam.  I kept all my poetry, letters,  photos, works
in progress on my computer without realizing I'd lose them all to  a similar
scenario.   Luckily I'd sent some of my more recent  poetry to one friend  so
was able to retrieve or piece together quite  a bit as well as most of the
photos, but a lot was lost.   After weeks of frustration (and a lot of help from a
Best Buy "Geek Squad"  Techie, I now back up my storage regularly with
portable USB drives (Just  saw in this week's paper - a Comp USA ad for one for 512mb
storage for $40 after  rebate) since I really don't like the hassle of CD's.
The good thing about  the portable drives is you can download everything,
clean out the entire  system and then upload it all again while still retaining
it on the drive, a BIG  plus for me.  The only downside I'm told is when people
(usually men)  forget these tiny drives are in their pants pockets and
they're then put  through the wash, though some actually survive the suds.  Never
the  dryer, though.

  So sorry about your rotten experience, Sam.  I'm with  you....the penalties
have to be made far tougher when they catch these  morons.  Hmm - perhaps
force them to listen to the so-called "squawky"  saxes  or .... harps played past
6 (where I routinely stray?) - though I  never did consider that as a
"punishment" before <G>

Elizabeth