Re: Re:[Harp-L] volume control mic cable

----- Original Message ----- From: "G" <gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:36 PM
Subject: Re:[Harp-L] volume control mic cable

Hi Brian,
Very pleased to hear the teaching has worked out for you, fulltime no less.
I'll be interested how your publication goes. Harp-L has been of great
service to my endeavours as well.

The site Thomas kindly referred us to is http://www.godlyke.com/
lists no inline XLR volume controls, but there are a couple of Guyatone
unbalanced cables with 1/4" plugs with a volume control built into one of
the plugs "Speed Cables"
http://www.godlyke.com/listView.asp?subbrand=6
or
http://www.guyatone.com/other/speedcable.html
not quite what we're after. That said, it may be Godlyke simply don't list
their XLR stock on their site.

Cheers,
-- G.

Hi,
I do know for certain that don't make any such cables and that the cables with the inline volume control was mainly designed with acoustic/electric guitars in mind and for a number of different harp mikes, the impedance of the pot in them would be too low.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com