Re: [Harp-L] Toots and squaky sax playing on Toots and Bill Evan'sAfinity CD

Yeah, I guess - LW seems to be one of the worse for for doing that on some tunes. I must admit I expect more from him.

Pierre.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Michalek" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <plavio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; <mbrogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Toots and squaky sax playing on Toots and Bill Evan'sAfinity CD

I think it's akin to harp players always doing the head shake thing.
I hate that!! :-)

By the way, why do Jazz sax players sometimes go for a squawky
sound, for
example the Sax Player on Toots and Bill Evan's Afinity CD. Really
bugs me
when sax players keep hitting that "note" (whatever it is?). Can't
they
think of something else?

Pierre.

Chris Michalek