[Harp-L] RE: What makes Gindick a great teacher

I totally agree with all that has been written about Jon Gindick.  I will only
add that what makes Jon so effective is his humanity.  I attended a Jam Camp in
DC early on.  What I found myself learning were "teaching techniques" as much
as playing techniques.  I told Jon of my planned retirement and plans for
taking on more students, when I retire.  Jon added me to his staff for the New
Jersey Jam Camp.  He showed confidence in me and provided the challenge for me
to progress in teaching.   Yes, he is a master technician, he truly cares about
each student, he recognizes the needs of each student, and "sets the hook" on
the student's next level.  All this is true but the bottom line is, he is just
a fine human being doing what he thinks he needs to do to make his life full.
He thrives on helping others.  He provides a lesson to us all, on how to treat
other human beings.

Quit Work, Make Music (from Jon's favorite T-shirt)

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt
http://www.parkhousejam.com
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/parkhouse