[Harp-L] RE: What makes Gindick a great teacher

Bill Hines wrote:
>Iceman,
>
>I'm not sure how this all works as far as nominating someone
>for that award, but I'm all for it as Jon has helped in many
>ways that demonstrate that he in genuinely interested in
>teaching rather than just the bottom dollar.
><...>
>What I'm getting to, is if any sort of petition is required,
>I'm sure there are many like myself who would be anxious/eager
>to sign or write testimonials for Jon.

Hi Bill,

The way to petition for nominating someone for the Bernie Bray award is through joining SPAH.  Members receive a nomination form in their registration packets annually a couple months or so before the SPAH convention.  Members then submit their nominations by mail before then as well.  SPAH has also begun adding other award categories besides the Bray, one notably being the lifetime achievement award.  Some awards are decided by the Board of Directors to honor certain other types of contributions to the world of harmonica.  But, the Bernie Bray, won last year by the extremely talented chord player, Bud Boblink, remains the top tier award of the year as far as SPAH is concerned.

So, join SPAH, send in your votes, and then attend the convention to see if you picked the winner!  [Among other fun stuff, of course!!] :)

Peace & Music,
Bobbie
SPAH member 3275
||  h a r p  s p o k e n  h e r e  || SPAH Members Support Harp-L! ||

<...>

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.istal.com