[Harp-L] Re: Audix FireBall Mic

On 3/19/05 1:08 PM, "harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Musicians Friend is offering them for $199.
> http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search?q=AUDIX&d=tp&page=2

Major leakage from behind the element with that wire grill.

Dig what the specs say:

"Handles cupping without impacting sound quality."

That's too bad. That's exactly reverse of what I need for the style I play.

I'll give her a swing, though. Don't know until you try it. Worst case
scenario; buy a replacement element, put it in a proper shell. One that
offers more than a quarter-inch of grip space and whose housing is solid in
the back.

Ray.
--
www.resgraphics.com/music