Re: [Harp-L] asking to sit in

Well. I'm back. The show was great. I'm glad I didn't ask to sit in, though it would have been fun. Thank you for preventing me from making an ass of myself, not because I couldn't play with them but because it just would have been rude. Indeed, Jerry Portnoy was in attendance--just to listen. The second set was way better than the first. Little Charlie was red hot through both and Rick Estrin kicked in the afterburners in the second. I brought my 9 year old daughter with me. And before you even think it, that had nothing to do with my desire to sit in. They're just one of my absolute favorite bands and it would just have been damn cool. Our table abutted the stage. Little Charlie was an absolute gentleman and really sweet!!! (I know not an adjective typically associated with a bluesman.) He talked to my daughter throughout the show, sent her home with a number of souvenirs from his guitar case, autographed her official Nightcats t-shirt, and sent her home with the memory of her first blues show. They even played the song she requested, "Smart Like Einstein." Rick Estrin made a point of chatting with her in between sets noting very attentively that she knew the words to most of the songs. It was kind of cool to watch this representative of the next generation of blues fans make a rite of passage. All-in-all a great night!

So thanks one and all.

Bob Cohen