[Harp-L] Re: I'm Gonna Listen To 'Em, More

Talk to Carlos and I think you'll find that he learned his book of Little/Big Walter, etc... before innovating.  That's my point.  Jason Ricci sounds like no one else, but he'll tell you that he spent 8 hours a day learning Little Walter licks note for note.  THEN, he took it somewhere.  To play the blues, I think the masters have to be mastered first.  THEN, steal the sax and guitar players notes and take it where it you want.  Be careful, though, because at some point you ain't gonna convince anyone that it's blues your playing.

See ya--
Rick