Re: [Harp-L] asking to sit in

----- Original Message ----- From: <SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 2:16 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] asking to sit in

You NEVER ask to sit in with a pro harp player, you are only asked TO sit in
if the harp player knows you and wants you up, it is the most unprofessional
thing in music business to do, ask to sit in. Go and hear Rick, and listen,
of course it would be fun, but if anyone remembers the terms paying your dues,
etc.. -

Hi,
I absolutely agree!!! To most pros, if you have to ask to sit in and brag how good you are, 99% of the time, they'll usually be thinking that the person asking is going to be flat out awful, and from my own personal experience, I've found this to be true. When THEY ask you, then you know you've achieved enough respect for your own abilities to be on that bandstand (and jams DON'T count).

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com