Re: [Harp-L] Sitting In

On Mar 18, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Bob Cohen wrote:

I'm going to see Little Charlie and the Nightcats tonight. They are one of my favorite bands. It would be a dream come true to sit in with them for a number. Does anyone know how they feel about that sort of thing? What's the best way to approach this. I know it takes big balls to blow harp along side Rick Estrin but man it would be fun, as long as we weren't cutting heads. Then mine would most assuredly end up on the dance floor first. Though I do hope I could give him a scratch or two on the neck before my head goes rolling ;-)

Bob
_
An "established" group would probably want to know the person sitting in. They would probably prefer that the sitter was at least 78% as good as THEIR harpie, but NOT MORE THAN 89% as good.
the ghost of smo-joe