Re: [Harp-L] Feedback killers

I bought a Shark and it worked well, but _getting_ it to work was
inconvenient and overly complicated. That said--I think the Shark is
a terrific tool, sort of an audio swiss army knife for problems and
I'm pleased to have one, but I don't use it for feedback control any
more.

I found a three control (pedal style) parametric equalizer to be very
effective in eliminating/reducing feedback. The one I've used a lot has
frequency, level and bandwidth knobs, allowing me to select a very
specific and very narrow frequency and notch it out. When I notch out
what I would call the "root" feedback frequency, any troublesome harmonics
that are multiples of that frequency are gone, too. Once that's done,
I can get loads more gain before feedback. Easy to use and effective,
and not really that expensive if you look around.

Ron