[Harp-L] Fender Blues Junior for harp and kids acoustic???

I am able to buy a second hand, good condition, Fender Blues Junior and am wondering if my 13 year old son would be able to play basic guitar through it such that it would satisfy him, as I reckon by all accounts the amp will well and truly serve as my first one. The only other issue with the Blues Junior is that I can buy an American made second hand with a 3 month warranty for nearly the same money as a brand new Mexican made Fender with a 5 year warranty. Should this too sway me? My teacher tells me I don't need an amp yet, and whilst he's right, I'd like to blast him out of the water sooner rather than later. So, all advice welcome. Thanks.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia