From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Michael Fugazzi
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:33 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Building solos

I've been working really hard lately at learning
overblows, how to follow chord changes, and scale
patterns on top of listening to a wide range of blue
harp players at every chance I get.

I feel like I am at a sticking point, though.  I try
to spend a lot of time imporvising, but I feel I play repetitively.  I
understand people work toward their own sound, but I'd like to be able
to play extended solos and not have all the songs sound alike.

Any advice on phrasing and how to take your vocabulary
and use it throughout the night?  I listen to a lot of
music and really am into Jason Ricci and Kim Wilson
right now.  How do you know if you are playing the
same thing too much?

I really want to get into the jamming aspect of
playing harp and not always planning my solos and not
always using riffs or solos from other players.

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals
http://www.niterail.com