[Harp-L] Harmony Singning

As most of us know, getting into a band just as a harmonica player is pretty
difficult. It helps enormously if you can also sing. However, fronting a
good band requires a strong voice, and the personality to go with it.
However, singing good harmonies is a much easier than fronting a band. And,
as an addition to harmonica playing, harmony singing make you a more useful
band member, and hence more easily employed.

Learning harmony singing can be challenging, partly because there are few
good tutors. Here, if you'll all forgive me, I'd like to make a plug for my
mother's new CD (she's 72!). It's called "Find the Soul in Your Voice", and
is a hands on guide to harmony singing. You can find it at
http://www.briar.com.au <http://www.briar.com.au/>  While meant for female
voices, it actually works for blokes as well. Sample tracks, which show how
it works, are at the site. The "Buy CD" link to CDBaby (of course) has more
sample tracks.

Tony Eyers

Australia

http://www.harmonicatunes.com