Re: [Harp-L] Just Intonation and Difference Tones

That's hold true in ANY situation.  Even if I am not playing and
somebody else is using a JT harp live or on a recording.

This is mostly grating to me with harmonica.  I don't like "sour"
notes on any instruement.  I an hear the uneven notes on a piano but
they sound softer to my ear. Piano chords sound fine unless one note
is flat by a quarter tone or more.  I can't stand out of tune guitars.

It's better to be out of tune on a solo basis.  Listen to how cool a
sour old honkytonk piano is... you could never play the same thing
with a band unless it were an intentional effect.

I don't like compromised tunings for harmonica.  Filisko sets them up
so every note is equal. I'm one of the very few pure melody players
on the standard diatonic (not trying to show arrogance), so comments
and theories about compromised tuning do not necessarily apply to me.

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michalekstrone