Re: [Harp-L] Just Intonation and Difference Tones

Chris said:
tones to me and if I'm playing in 12th position or 2nd position the
flat draw 5 in just tuning is always going to grate on my ears.

Chris does that statement hold true for you while playing (single notes) unaccompanied Vs playing with other instruments?

If your ear is so good (that's not a dig BTW), don't piano chords sound bad
to you because they are not in perfect harmony? seems to me the beating
between certain equal tempered notes should drive people like you batty as
they will hear the beating.

By the way, so what if you play sweet chords on a Special 20 while dissonant
with respect to other instruments in a band. Is it better to be in harmony
with yourself or with the band? Why do compromised tunings exist outside of
a solo context?

Pierre.