RE: [Harp-L] Just Intonation and Difference Tones

The equal tuning means that all the notes are on the measured mark
for "in tune".  The just tuning means they are off enough to
"fatten" up the chords.  The dissonance of the notes in the chord
are like throwing 7th in if you play another instrument (not exact,
just an analogy).  My buddy plays almost exclusively Major/minor
chords.  When I play a 7th chord, he freaks like it was never
intended to sound like that.  I like the 7ths because it adds a
little spice to what I'm doing.  I imagine somebody who has great
ear for pitch would ask why you're out of tune playing a just tuned
chord.  Someone who is used to the sound of the just tuned chords
would probably ask why you're so "blah" when you play a equal tuned
chord.  I personally don't have a good enough ear to hear the
difference on a melody bit, but for chords the difference is there
to me.  If you like it "fat", more is good (through the mic), but
if you want it accurate to pitch then mic'd or not, you want what
you want.  Hope this helps.  YMMV.