[Harp-L] Re film scoring

Hi
I tried to take this off list but I couldn't get it to work that way - sorry

So here are some questions:
In an ideal world at what point would you involve your score writer ?
leave it , as per tradition till post production, or as director would
you share your visions / story board et al with them in the hope that
you get a better synthisis of vision & music to create the desired
state in the consumer.

When writing to moving picks how important is it to get you're timing
sync right in terms of frames per second from the start?

Did you get the dalies, rushes, A or B real print to work from or from
the first difinitive edit?

Did that edit contain Speach, noises off & noises on?

Did you arrange your music score so that the pitch of the score didn't
compeate in the same pitch compass as the dialouge?

I have heaps more questions but it would tell me more if I could read a
score while hearing it in action with the movie. Could you arrange that
by sending files?
David Priestley
David Priestley