Re: [Harp-L] using amp simulator

Hi, DFK.

Starting with the RP200 is not a bad idea, but for 30 to 50 $ plus you get the RPx400, which is much more versatile (more inputs, outputs + usb).
I like the idea of a floor unit which can be operated with the feet better than the classical POD where you have to change settings with your hands, unless you have the additional floorboard. Now Line 6 has released the floor unit for the POD (POD XT live), which should also be nice, but it is about a hundred bucks more expensive.
The expression pedal makes a lot of sense to me, although I haven't found a setting where it is usuable. But I have to experiment more. I like the way that it was used by the sax player in some of the songs of Morphine.
All the best,
Fernando

Docta Funk wrote:

I also have a question about this. I unnderstand many people have been using the rp400 by digitech, does anyone know how this stacks up against the Pod 2.0 Guitar Amp Simulator? Is having the effects pedal on the digitech unit useful or is it extraneous to playing harp? For someone who has not worked with something like this before, would it be better to save the money and work on a less expennsive model such as the rp200?? Any feedback is appreciated, DFUNK
DFUNK