Re: [Harp-L] computer recording demo

"Chris Michalek" wrote:
"He a tune that was recorded completely opn my computer using Adobe
Audition.  This is the 2nd take with harmonica, mandolin, bass and a
drum
machine.  I think it could pass as mid-quality demo.  Anyway this is a
new tune that we are writing for our next CD.  It's a work in progress
but it's nice to have a viable sketch pad.  Let me know what you think
of
the tune.  It's in 12th position on a stock Golden Melody played
though my Sennheiser 441 directly into the EMU 0404 sound card in my
computer.  The Bass, Mando and drum were also plugged in directly."

I like the composition, especially the B section, although I'd like to
hear a little more variation a little earlier in the piece.  I like the
sound of the harp in particular; the overall recording is okay,
certainly good enough to tell you what's going on in the tune.   If the
parts are recorded to separate tracks, it might be good enough to use
for a demo after the usual compressing, eq'ing, mixing, etc., though the
performance is a little loose. If this is a live stereo mix with no
chance to mess with the individual parts, I dunno. My guess is that it
is -- I don't think the EMU 0404 has more than two inputs, unless you've
also got the breakout box. The recording is clear enough that you could
probably get a decent live mix with some attention to mic placement,
compression during tracking, reverb, etc. But it's easier to track the
parts and then do all that stuff.

It'll be nice to hear this piece when it all comes together.

Regard, Richard Hunter