[Harp-L] Re: Position Perception

Hi Alexander,

I tried playing Desafinado in 12th position on a C harp.  It was easy . . . until I got to the
first Eb, #4 overblow!  After a few of those there's a Bb #6 overblow.  And a Gb #5 overblow and
later on a little chromatic run including a Db #7 overdraw and I said "this is too much work for
me!"

So I got out my Bb XB-Melody and the whole song was a breeze to play and sounded nice and easy
like it should.

I'm sure there are some accomplished overblowers who have no trouble playing "Desafinado" in 12th
position.  But I like to take the path of least resistance.  For me that's the XB-Melody.