Re: [Harp-L] position perception

From: "ALEXANDER MAGER" <magerlab@xxxxxxxxxx>
<<I usually play only C diatonic and it's easier for me to think about the notes I play than to find out the position in wich I am at the certain song.
For example, "Desafinado" I play in F major on C harp. And does it helps that it's 12th position?>>

I don't know "Desafinado". Are you saying that it is Lydian (raised 4th), so you play it in 12th position, or are you saying that you want to play it in F on your C harp and you flatten the 4th (or don't play it)? The first Bb is a bend of one semitone on 3 draw, but the one in the next octave requires an overblown 6.

I can't overblow the 6, but if I could the 12th position would become quite useful. As it is, I don't play anything Lydian with it's raised 4th, but for Major pentatonic (no 4th or 7th), everyone can probably use it just fine.

Peace and music,
Dave