Re: RE : [Harp-L] New Products coming from Hohner in April

on 3/2/05 3:47 PM, Robert Koch at rok68@xxxxxx wrote:

> Here are the values (relative to each either. These are no cents or
> Hz) of the prototype I played. Mind you this harp was set up for Mr
> Baker:
> 1B: +5    1D: +6,5
> 2B: +2    2D: +6
> 3B: +4    3D: +4
> 4B: +4    4D: +5,5
> 5B: +2    5D: +5,5
> 6B: +5    6D: +6,5
> 7B: +4,5  7D: +4
> 8B: +3    8D: +6
> 9B: +4    9D: +5,5
> 10B: +4   10B: +6,5

What are the values based on? I see no pattern or repeat pattern like Hz or
Cents readings. The only thing I could see it being based on is something
related to the notes position in a certain chord then changing values in a
different octave.  The values change each octave.

If it were based on the notes themselves the numbers would follow a pattern.
The 2 blow and 3 draw are the same note but have different values. This
would be a hint that the values are based on the chord in some way.

mike