[Harp-L] George Wild Child Butler

I just received communication from George's wife, Elaine, confirming that we did lose him on Tuesday morning, March 1. He and Elaine were long-time friends of SPAH, and attended conventions in Detroit as often as they were able, as they lived in Windsor, ON, Canada. We were also fortunate to have him appear in the SPAH Blues Jams a number of times. Another piece of harmonica history has left us.

Some of the details: He went to the ER on Monday evening, not feeling well, so he was kept overnight for observation. Early morning reports were that he was comfortable, but at 8:30am Elaine was called to come back to the hospital, where she was met by the Chaplain, who gave her the sad news. He apparently had a blood clot that went to his heart and lungs, according to the autopsy.

You will be missed, George.

Danny, and Your Friends at SPAH