Re: [Harp-L] Double stop

Wow! I am using double stops since the begginning and I had no idea!! Thanks Iceman for the explaination.

Yeah, Double stops can really be subject to a study has I spend most of my time trying to find new things to do with them.

Last thing have have been tring to do (unsuccessfully ;-( I mean, not yet successfully) was today: trying to get blow bend on hole 8 an overbend on hole 6 and keeping hole 7 at his usual note (so trying to get a Bb-C-Eb)! Pretty hard, but I still think it is possible.

I am already able to bend a note keep the other note "natural" and able since I have been teach by Fred Yonnet to overbend one hole while keep natural the other holes.

I also heard Winslow Yerxa doing what he calls "Inch Worm", playing so, double stops (?), to be able to made up a diatonic scale while playing octave in same time. Quite impressive!!

I was thinking: I also hear Carlos Del Junco and Howard Levy playing a kindda "tongue picking" (analogy to finger picking at guitar) on a Bach Tune. Can this be assimilated as Double stops?

Froggy

icemanle@xxxxxxx a écrit :
Double stop is one way to describe playing 2 notes on the harmonica at once, as in TB octave and 2 holes next to each other.

By using the tongue in between notes, you can widen or narrow the tongue giving you many different intervals, even more or less than occur in a simple octave.

It is a fun technique and adds quite a bit of variety to note choices and improv concepts.

Richard Hunter, Howard Levy, RJ Harman, Carlos Del Junco come to mind immediately as using this technique in their arsenals.

The Iceman