RE: [Harp-L] re: harp as a toy

  Our keyboard player once told me he had no respect for harmonica
players because he had never heard one who could do more than just make
'background noise'. That was 4 years ago. He feels differently now.
smo-joe

Joe, I have had several people and a guitar player tell me almost the same
thing, that they disliked harmonica music in general, until they heard me
play.  Not that I am such a great player, mind you, but, because some of the
other players were,,,, well you know.  The fellow that was with the band for
at least 10 years before I started playing, would play the melody line right
with and some times on top of, the vocalist.  He seemed to be only
interested in one style of playing and no more.  Great guy, but could have
done a lot more with the harp.

Doyle