Re: [Harp-L] RE: Stevie to play Anthem on NBA finals

At 08:27 AM 6/15/2005 -0700, Alec Drachman responded to my post:
>> ...Stevie Wonder's appearance at the Pistons' game tonight on
>> TV for the National Anthem, which I missed by about 20 minutes!!
>> Sadly for us harmonica lovers, he was scheduled to sing not play
>> it on harp.
>
>Stevie didn't sing at all, but rather played the whole anthem plus an
>intro on his trusty chromatic harp.

So I DID miss another anthem solo on harp!!!

>It was really cool - nice arrangement - fabulous tone.

Yeah, Alec... rub it in!!

Great to know he used harp instead, tho'... maybe a subtle hype for a more
harp-heavy CD in that new recording coming out?  Let's hope so!

Thanks, BTW, for the follow-up link to the DFP article, Gail!

Guess I'll just have to catch the next harmonica anthem performance.  Would
be nice... For Once In My Life!  :)))

=[bobbie]=