Re: [Harp-L] A Hohner Pro is Shredding My Tongue

Richard said:

I've always wondered why it is that the reed plates do extend
past the front face of the comb, on MS harps.  Is there some
compelling reason that they NEED to?

I think this is a manufacturing issue, if you make something so it has to fit flush then it often means people have to spend time fiddling around to make sure it's flush. By having an overhang, it does not matter if its a teeny bit crooked as it will not show.

In this case its just a bad design (compared to a SP20). I cannot understand why Hohner would keep selling such a bad design. Perhaps if these harps were $5.99 it would be OK.

Pierre.