From: "Mike Reid" <mreid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:09 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Hohner Blues harp vs. Marine Band... and repair !!!

> I play Marine Bands, and off topic, if I may, I'd like to know if there is
anything other than shaving off my stach, that I can do to stop pulling the
freaking whiskers out of my face while I'm playing.  I know it is noticeable
because I squint and cringe when it happens. As a mater of fact I was
playing last week and a girl from the audience came up and said 'you were so
moved while you played I saw a tear come down from your eye.  Of course I
did not tell her it was cause I'd just yanked a fistful of whiskers out of
my face.  I've had my share of pain on stage a couple of weeks ago I was
playing at Grossman's in Toronto and I had to use an old extension cord to
plug in my rig (no Ground) I was holding my sure 533SA big heavy steel mic
in my hand and singing into a 58 every time I had belt it out if I
accidentally touched the mic with my lips I would get a jolt from hell that
would send me back a ways I couldn't stop.  On the good side my lips were so
numb I could feel the !